Last year, I was in love with the colors red, red and even more red. I made two quilts from two different layer cakes I bought in 2011. The first one I named simply "American Primer" Scrappy Blocks. It was a simple block configuration with a blocky red frame. I put a little more thought into the second one and made a traditional monkey wrench. I didn't make it too large, because I actually wanted to finish it. In the end, it make a nice wallhanging. I am really pleased with the way both of them turned out. Now, I can check this off my list for WIP-List or UFOs as they are known here in Germany.
I have to say, it really makes a quilt even more beautiful when you have them professionally quilted. I am very happy with my long arm quilter. They are not easy to find. This one was quilted by QDService in Werther.
Check out more photos on flickr here.