Monday, November 25, 2013

the forgotten five mini quilt


Hello everyone! My new favorite pattern is now available at Moda Bake Shop! Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments and support. A warm and special thanks to Lisa Calle for planning and organizing the project and to Sarah Huetschtemann for sewing it all together! The Moda Weaves
Collection looks like real linens in fantastic modern colors.

The pattern has directions for one 12" mini quilt, one 4" pin cushion and one 15" (40 x 40cm) pillowcase.

I can't explain how much fun this pattern really is. Everyone thinks that it is really complicated and time consuming, but it goes together like a snap.

I know that some people are intimidated by little quilts or little blocks, but now that I am making more mini quilts, I try to find ways or use special techniques to simplify the block and quilt making, especially for you. It is really too bad that mini quilt magazines are no longer published, because they illustrated a lot of very useful techniques.

I think you can use just about any type of fabric to make this creation. I have used solids, brights and pastels. Everything works, even plaids. You might want to steer away from large scale prints though. Larger scale prints don't usually work in any miniature quilt.

Here are a few of my favorite Forgotten Five Minis:






Don't forgot to join the site. I will be drawing a name/number this Friday. The lucky viewer will receive a little package of goodies from me including a charm pack to make lots of Forgotten Five Minis!

12 comments:

  1. I know this is silly, but I fell asleep last night thinking of this little quilt, and what fabrics I would use, and trying to figure out the measurements for making it larger! It's just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Glad to join you on your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Karen,
    das sieht sehr hübsch aus, und Deine Leserzahl ist auch super angewachsen!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this pattern, I just had to comment on it again! :-)
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt@yahoo.com
    ipatchandquilt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this pattern on the Moda bakeshop at the weekend and thought it was really beautiful. I really love it and look forward to trying it out. I can't believe how easy it actually is to make, it looks so much more complicated but you have definitely done a great job on the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for sharing your hard work with us. KaHolly I too went to sleep with this pattern running around my head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I made one block and I just love it. Working small has always been my favorite, and this satisfies that need!! I have the other 8 blocks cut out and ready to sew up!! I'm so excited. Thanks so much. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! I am very excited for you. Please, please send a link of your finished quilt. We would love to see it!

      Delete
  8. This is a super cute pattern. I love it. Thank you. I think I may need to try this. I love the pretty fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sincerely Love this pattern! I have seen some patterns on the Moda bake Shop that I like, but this is the first in over a year that actually had me pulling out fabrics as soon as I saw it! I might just have to sneak in a little sewing this weekend after we get finished putting up all the Christmas decorations! In fact this would look lovely in some Christmas scraps that I have been stumped on what to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- You should go over to bloglovin and "claim" your blog. It makes it very easy to follow you then and it will recommend your blogs to others when they are looking for other blogs to follow! Also, Check out SEW WE QUILT's Kona Solids Blog Hop, I think they are still taking sign-up's if you want to join up! Your work would be a wonderful contribution to the hop I think!

      Delete
  10. LOVE the pincushion - will be making MANY for gifts! Thank you so much! Faith.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.