Sunday, September 14, 2014

a new german patchwork magazine?!

Every now and then when I go to the grocery store I check out the new magazine section. I usually end up buying the latest cooking and baking "Hefte" with the latest seasonal recipes. (I would die for an awesome chocolate or pumpkin cheesecake recipe right now.) Once and while, I even scan through the patchwork magazines too. (Here, quilting is replaced with the word patchwork. I like the term better, because not everything I "sew" is or will be quilted.) Anyway, this new magazine caught my attention - Simply Kreativ Patchwork + Quilting - Sonderheft! Was it the bright colors of the cathedral wall hanging that caught my attention or that oh, so cool retro measuring tape with tin?

Ab und zu, wenn ich im Supermarkt einkaufen bin, ich stolpere durch die Zeitschriftabteilung. Gewöhnlich endet das damit, dass ich die neuesten Koch- und Backhefte mit den aktuellen saisonalen Rezepten mitnehme. (Im Moment würde ich wirklich alles tun für einen guten Schokoladen- oder Kürbis-Käsekuchenrezept.) Ab und zu schaue ich mir natürlich auch die Patchwork Magazin durch. (Das Wort Patchwork passt in dem Zusammenhang auch besser als das englische „Quilting“, weil nicht alles was genäht wird letztendlich auch „gequilted“ wird.) Egal, aber dieses eine neue Magazin stach mir ins Auge – Simply Kreativ Patchwork + Quilting - Sonderheft! Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob es die strahlenden Farben des Wandbehangs oder das Retro-Maßband waren.

Like all good things, I wait and savor something at the end of the day or when my chores are done. I like to store up a little anticipation. A couple of days later, I took off the plastic wrap to find this awesome magazine! I would honestly make or sew everything in it. That is not easy for me to say either! Usually I just toss a patchwork magazine to the side. Where has this magazine been the last ten years??

Wie für alle guten Dinge, warte ich gerne und hebe mir etwas Besonderes für den Abend oder für nach der Hausarbeit auf. Ich baue da gerne etwas Vorfreude auf. Ein paar Tage später, nahme ich also die Plastikfolie ab und fande dieses grandiose Magazin! Ehrlich, ich würde wirklich alles ausprobieren oder nachnähen, was drin steht. So was kommt wirklich nicht oft vor. Normalerweise landen Patchwork Magazine Ruck-zuck in der Ecke. Wo war dieses Magazin die letzten 10 Jahre gewesen?


The further I read on, I noticed all of the patchworkers were from either the UK or the US. I later found out that this great magazine is a copy of Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 6! Interesting. I am not familiar with the English version, but a dear friend of mine brought it to my attention. What I really like about it is the great section on GERMAN fabric. Yes, quilting fabric is also produced by German companies and individuals. They are growing with the times too with more vibrant colors and designs. Here is a spread about our fabric designers:

Als ich mich so langsam durch die verschiedenen Artikel durcharbeitete, merkte ich, dass alle Patchworker entweder aus den USA oder Großbritannien waren. Später habe ich dann herausgefunden, dass dieses tolle Magazin eine Kopie von Love Patchwork & Quilting Issue 6 ist. Interessant! Ich kenne die englische Ausgabe nicht, aber eine liebe Freundin hat mich darauf aufmerksam gemacht. Am meisten mag ich hierbei die große Auswahl an DEUTSCHEN Stoffen. Ja, es gibt auch deutsche Firmen, die Stoffe für uns Quilter herstellen. Es wurden über die letzten Jahre schon deutlich mehr und auch mit leuchtenden Farben und tollen Designs. Hier ein Seitenauszug mit deutschen Stoffen:


Okay now that I have done my research. This looks like a UK import. You can subscribe directly on their website if you prefer the magazine in English. It is published 13 times a year and comes with a free gift (such as my tape measure) with every edition. I will have to think now if I want it in English or German!? This write-up about German fabrics is awesome, and I wish more German magazines would put upcoming German designers and patchworkers in their magazines who have that trendy touch.

Okay, jetzt habe ich meine Nachforschungen hierzu abgeschlossen. Dieses Magazin ist ein UK-Import. Du kannst es dir direkt auf deren Webseite abonnieren, wenn du es in Englisch lesen möchtest. Es erscheint 13 mal im Jahr und hat immer ein kleines Goody in jeder Ausgabe (wie z.B. das Maßband). Ich muss jetzt wirklich überlegen, welche Sprachausgabe ich denn wohl haben möchte. Diese Zusammenstellung von neuen deutschen Stoffen ist klasse und ich würde mir wünschen, dass mehr deutsche Magazine über hiesige Designer und Patchworker berichten würden, die neue Trends setzen.

Honestly, if you are looking for a "new" type of patchwork magazine published in the German language, this is it. I highly recommend this magazine and look forward to the future issues.

Ehrlich, wenn du auf der Suche nach einem „neuen“ Typ Patchworkmagazin, in deutscher Sprache, bist, dann ist es dieses. Ich kann es nur empfehlen und freue mich schon auf die nächste Ausgabe.

Keep patching!
Karen

And thank you dear hubby for correcting my German translation! xXx

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Du hast heute auch auf Deutsch geschrieben, das finde ich sehr nett, und ich denke dadurch werden doch noch einige mehr Deinen Blog lesen!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to cut back on the number of paper magazines that come into my house lately so I've been reading the English version on my ipad for the past few months and I love it. I was delighted to see it appear in German in the stores here recently as it makes little difference to me what language I read it in and it will be a nice treat every now and again to pick up a paper copy. I much prefer flicking through the print versions of magazines but unfortunately space restrictions really limit how many I can purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you like one of out UK magazines, we have about 5 quilting ones but the stationers also sell a lot of USA ones. I usually pick it up at the stationers, our supermarkets do not seem to sell the quilting ones, just cross stitch, paper crafts etc. The german fabric is lovely so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Karen,
    ich habe das Heft auch erst kürzlich entdeckt und ich finde es einfach super genial!!
    Herzliche Grüße
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.