Monday, April 7, 2014

cattinka's hasenbach challenge 2014



I am very fortunate to join up with a great group of ladies over at Cattinka's Blog for her annual Hasenbach Challenge. What is this challenge about? For those of us who like to sew in a virtual group, it allows you to sew a block from any of Claudia Hasenbach's patterns and display it at an ever growing gallery she posts the last day of the month. It is like walking into an art exhibit without leaving leaving your home!

Cattinka's Blogspot has grown this year and has an incredible amount of participants - 43. Can you believe that? I do not know how she manages with such a large number!? She cheers us on and makes sure we have our blocks finished by the end of the month. Thank you so much for your support and organizing the group! We couldn't do it without you, liebe Katrin!

I thought I would share three blocks with you that I have finished for this year's challenge. In the beginning, I wasn't sure what I wanted to make, so I found a nice landscape scene reminding me of the Carolina Fall I so deeply miss. It looks totally different since I put the borders on it. I think I will make it into a sofa pillow that will go great with my darker colored living room.


Then, Katrin nudged me along to help me find a complete wall hanging that was achievable. I am going with the Apfelernte or Apple Harvest and using the muted earth tones from the fabric collection above. They always make me feel warm and cozy inside. The blue is the wackiest color in it. Again, I miss that Carolina blue sky! I had to have some color!!




After I knock my green apple blocks out, then the reds will come more into play. I personally really like the wacky green apple here. It makes it come to life against the subdued colors and more interesting to look at. The apple tree above will get some french-knotted apples when I get around to it!

Oh, so many SAL/BOM this year. I bought some more plastic totes to get better organized. I also sorted out and refolded all of my fabric over the weekend. My husband thought I was crazy and asked if he go to his shop and sort out his screws. That was a good comparison, but I think I have more fabric. ;-)

Please come join us the last day of each month for a gallery showing of patchwork-artwork at Cattinka's Blogspot.

Happy patching and thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Das wird ein toller Quilt. Der Apfel ist so schön, richtig zum reinbeißen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Karen,
    Danke für diesen schönen Blogbericht. Ich bin sehr froh Dich dieses Jahr in der Challenge Gruppe zu haben. Deine Arbeiten gefallen mir sehr gut und nicht nur was Du auf Papier nähst!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Karen,
    Schön, dass Du auch dabei bist!! Du hast wieder wunderschöne Blöcke genäht!
    Herzliche Grüsse
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your blocks, especially the borderfabric, makes them shine.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.