Sunday, December 1, 2019

enchanted sal - isabella

Hi everyone. Welcome to the Enchanted Paper Dolls Falls Sew Along. I am really happy and excited that you are joining us today. I see there aren't too many followers of the sew along, but I am happy nonetheless. There are a few diligent participants that are sewing along. Let's all applaud them, shall we?!



Today, we are introducing Isabella, the ninth figure in the Enchanted mix and match series. She is our first princess and very noble at that. Victoria, Crown Princess from Sweden, was my inspiration when designing the figure.


Before we get into the blog post, I would like to share with you again one of our sponsors. Gütermann, the German thread and fabric company, kindly offered two sets of quilting thread and premium cotton fabrics for our giveaway. Two lucky participants will each receive one set. It looks like three 1/2 meter cuts in those bundles too. I hope to show the rest of the loot next Sunday. : )


And here is our second sponsor - einfach bunt quilts with two matching Mini FPP sets including a 28mm rotary cutter from Fiskars, a 1" x 6" Creative Grids ruler and a mini cutting mat from Olfa! These are the best tools when sewing small and sewing foundation paper piecing. Thank you, Verena! We truly appreciate your generosity.


Our two winners will be picked at the end of the sew along
  • one for the cutest ever and 
  • one for the best use of the mix and match templates.
Now on to our first princess - Isabella. She is wearing a transparent, tiered dress and her royal magnificent crown. I do admit, the crown is a bit of a challenge, but that is the only difficult part on this block. I inserted some saphires into her crown by fussy cutting some of the yummy pink flowered fabric from Art Gallery Fabrics, Maureen Cracknell's Mystical Land. I'm in love, aren't you?


Remember, all of the figures from the Enchanted Paper Dolls series are mix and matchable. You can exchange the crowns, arms, feet, bodices, dresses and heads on all figures. You can even add or exchange the wings. This is what Isabella could look like as an angel. She would making a stunning fairy godmother as well. I almost used the background below for my fall sew a long, but I was a little uncertain about the scale of it. It is so hard finding a good background for these blocks.



Thank you, again for joining us today. I hope you have enjoyed seeing the nineth figure in our Enchanted series. There is still time to join in and sew a figure for your chance at one of the two main prizes. We would love to see your paper dolls.

Please LALL (Leave a Little Love) in the comments below. I would love to hear from you and what you like about the angels, fairies and princesses. I somehow feel that blogging is old school. Is it interesting for anyone anymore? Am I wasting my time? I've been seriously playing with the idea of retiring as well. Thanks for listening.

If you would like to purchase the individual PDF or paper book with all 12 figures, you can find all of them in my Etsy shop or at your local quilt store such as einfach bunt quilts or Niemanns-Land.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Take a look at previous posts and see the other figures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.